I already find myself saying that this trip was one of the best things I’ve done in my life. I didn’t want to stop. If the girls were with me and getting back to reality to earn money wasn’t necessary, I would have just kept on going. I don’t say that lightly, I would have.
“Right now I’m sat in a bar in Briviesca and I have that feeling that every evening brings. You feel hotter than normal, slightly puffy eyed/face, exhausted but not wanting to sleep but knowing I should.
The whole experience has been great. Without doubt. I’ve hurt and I’ve questioned what I think I’m playing at but then you do, don’t you, in things like this.
Again, I’m sat on my bed in a hostal in Plasencia and feel that hot, puffiness. Knowing I need to sleep but not wanting to.
- Choose the correct frame size. Mine wa a 56cm frame. I’m 6′ and ideally should have gone for a 54cm frame. Not a biggie but if I were a pedant of a peddler (speaking to a peddle pedlar).
- Disc brakes are good. Had a had normal ones, getting through some of the mud would have been even worse.
- Waterporoofs are good. Don’t buy Sealskinz gloves though.
- The French are more welcoming and interested than the Spaniards. Sorry Spain that’s just the way I saw it (had actually expected the reverse).
- Dependency on phones. Not a great deal one can do but it’s still as if we’re in the dark ages for data roaming. Add a roaming premium if you can, so as not to blow loads on data charges.
- Phone batteries are crap and there’s not a lot we can do about that at the mo. Switch off the radios you’re not using as you go. And get a back up charger.