It’s been a while since I finished contracting for the FCO on a worldwide deployment project. Great whilst it lasted. Being sent around the world, flying and staying non-economy. I’m not smug, I’m just saying that I really appreciated it.
For the record
Contract length: September 2008 – May 2009, 20 months, cities/countries: 11 (+2 bonus), flights: 24, continents: 5
- Airlines, hotels, cities, countries…
- BA to the The Grand Hotel, Sofia, Bulgaria
- BA to the Hyatt Regency, Belgrade, Serbia
- Virgin Atlantic to the Hyatt, Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
- BA, Hotel Normandie, Bordeaux, France
- Virgin Atlantic to the Auberge Seraphine, Castries,St.Lucia; (Barbados)
- BA to the Crowne Plaza, Prague, Czech Republic
- Continental to the Hyatt, Houston, USA
- TAM to George V, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- BMI to the Four Seasons, Amman,Jordan; (Israel)
- BA to the Taj Lands End, Mumbai, India
- Virgin Atlantic to the Royal Palm Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa, Emirates return
Highlights: jetskiing and snorkelling off Tobago; the Astros’ baseball at the Minute Maid Stadium in Houston; walking around Petra and Wadi Rum; floating in the Dead Sea; returning to India, the bar at the back of an A380. and as strange as it may seem – working hard – putting in silly hours to get the job done.
Lows: Being away from the family.
Offers for contracts of a similar nature are welcomed.