It’s been a while since I finished contracting for the FCO on a worldwide deployment project.Â It was great whilst it lasted.Â Being sent around the world, flying and staying non-economy. I’m not smug, I’m just saying that I reallyÂ appreciated it.
For the record
Contract length: September 2008 – May 2009, 20 months, cities/countries: 11 (+2 bonus), flights: 24, continents: 5
- Airlines, hotels, cities, countries…
- BA to theÂ The Grand Hotel,Â Sofia,Â Bulgaria
- BA to theÂ Hyatt Regency, Belgrade, Serbia
- Virgin Atlantic to theÂ Hyatt,Â Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
- BA,Â Hotel Normandie,Â Bordeaux, France
- Virgin Atlantic to theÂ Auberge Seraphine,Â Castries,St.Lucia; (Barbados)
- BA to the Crowne Plaza,Â Prague, Czech Republic
- Continental to theÂ Hyatt,Â Houston, USA
- TAM toÂ George V,Â Sao Paulo, Brazil
- BMI to theÂ Four Seasons,Â Amman,Jordan; (Israel)
- BA to theÂ Taj Lands End,Â Mumbai, India
- Virgin Atlantic to theÂ Royal Palm Umhlanga,Â Durban, South Africa, Emirates return
Highlights: jetskiing and snorkelling off Tobago; the Astros’ baseball at the Minute Maid Stadium in Houston; walking around Petra and Wadi Rum; floating in the Dead Sea; returning to India, the bar at the back of an A380. and as strange as it may seem – working hard – putting in silly hours to get the job done.
Lows: Being away from the family.
Offers for contracts of a similar nature are welcomed.